In 2009, my adventure bug bit again which shook me out of my comfort cocoon and made for a very interesting year. 2009 started in Las Vegas with my friends from Barcelona and ended in Sydney, with my new friends that I’ve made in my first 4 months in Sydney.
Below are a few of the more memorable moments (6 good, one challenge).
- Went to the Obama Presidential Inauguration (thanks again Brian! I owe you).
- Left Chicago Tribune after 1.5 tumultuous years (survived 4 rounds of layoffs, and then resigned).
- Spent 2 ½ unforgettable months on summer holiday in Barcelona, spending the time with my friends that I first met when I lived in Spain from August 2006-August 2007….also making plenty of new friends
- Traveled to Washington D.C, New York City, Los Angeles, Madrid, London, Bangkok, Istanbul, Dublin, Athens and Santorini (Washington D.C., Thailand, Turkey, Ireland and Greece were all firsts)
- Relocated to Sydney, my current residence.
- Started new job @ Myriad Minds
- Father was diagnosed with prostate cancer, a challenge he’s facing with courage and grace.
2009 was an incredible year. It’s hard to believe that a decade has passed since the apocalyptic predictions of 2000. Yet here we are. So much has changed in the world and within my life in the past ten years. It’s certainly a much different world.
I have no idea what will happen over the next 10 years, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. For me, it’s the excitement of the unknown, the chemical high of anticipation and the thrill of possibility that makes life worth living.